This colorful Tomato and Avocado Pasta Salad goes well with the traditional foods of summer, like veggie burgers and barbecued baked beans. And it’s satisfying enough to eat all by itself too, giving you a cool treat for a hot day.
- 1 16 oz pkg - whole-grain rotini pasta (spiral or corkscrew pasta)
- 1 recipe - Lemon Goddess Salad Dressing (see link below for recipe)
- 1 medium - avocado, skin and pit removed, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 10 oz pkg - cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup - green olives, drained and sliced
- 1 cup - fresh arugula, loosely packed
1 Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and refrigerate until shortly before serving.
2 Make the Lemon Goddess Dressing according to the recipe directions. Refrigerate.
3 Shortly before serving, combine the pasta, Lemon Goddess Dressing, avocado, tomatoes, olives, and arugula. Stir well to coat.
Nutrition (per serving): 438 calories, 63% calories from carbohydrates, 11% calories from protein, 25% calories from fat, 13g fiber.