This dish offers a mixture of light and slightly sweet flavors – perfect for a summer day. And since couscous cooks in almost no time, you’ll have a satisfying meal in just minutes.
- Couscous and Sweet Potatoes
- 1 11 oz pkg - whole wheat couscous
- 2 medium - cooked sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 15 oz can - garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup - golden raisins
- 1/2 cup - fresh dark, sweet cherries, pitted and halved (or use frozen cherries, thawed and halved)
- 1 medium - heart of romaine lettuce, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup - pecan halves (optional)
- Orange-Mustard Dressing
- 2 medium - seedless oranges, peeled
- 1 Tbs - Dijon mustard
- Cook the couscous according to the package directions.
- While the couscous is cooking, make the Orange-Mustard dressing by blending the oranges and mustard in a blender until smooth, about 20-25 seconds.
- In a large mixing bowl, gently mix together the couscous, sweet potatoes, garbanzo beans, raisins, cherries, and chopped lettuce.
- Pour the Orange-Mustard dressing over the couscous mixture and toss gently. Salt to taste.
Couscous is a pasta, similar in shape to a grain of rice. You can find it in the pasta aisle, or sometimes in the grain/rice aisle, or in the ethnic foods section.
Nutrition (per serving): 452 calories, 63% calories from carbohydrates, 10% calories from protein, 26% calories from fat, 11.6g fiber.