Take this Confetti Quinoa Salad for a Crowd to your next picnic, and you’ll come home with an empty bowl. Guests will probably ask you for the recipe, so take a few copies with you. It’s the neighborly thing to do!
- 4 cups - quinoa, uncooked
- 3 16 oz pkgs - frozen mango chunks, thawed
- 2 medium - avocados, skin and pit removed, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium - red pepper, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 2 15 oz cans - black soy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup - agave ginger cashews (we used Tierra Farm brand)
- 4 recipes (quadruple the recipe) - Lemon Goddess Salad Dressing (see link below for recipe)
- 1 cup - chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Cook the quinoa according to the package directions. Set aside to cool.
- Make the Lemon Goddess Dressing. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- After quinoa is completely cooled, toss together in a large bowl or roasting pan with mango, avocado, red pepper, black soy beans, and cashews, until ingredients are well-mixed. Pour on the salad dressing and toss lightly to distribute the dressing evenly throughout the mixture.
- Garnish with cilantro (if using), cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrition (per serving): 290 calories, 54% calories from carbohydrates, 14% calories from protein, 32% calories from fat, 7.7g fiber.