This Super Salad Pasta Bowl – Fabulous Creamy Greek has it all – savory, sweet, crunchy, and chewy. If your garden is giving you more goodies, such as red peppers, cucumbers, and juicy red tomatoes, toss a few of those in here too. This is a favorite meal for us in September because the weather is still hot – perfect for a cool salad like this one. And grapes come into season, meaning they are affordable again. Win win.
- 3 medium - hearts of romaine, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 16 oz pkg - whole-grain chiocciole pasta, cooked, drained, and rinsed with cold water (we use Bionaturae brand)
- 2 medium - yellow tomatoes, chopped
- 1 15 oz can - garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14 oz can - artichokes, drained and chopped
- 2 cups - red grapes, sliced in half
- 1 recipe - Fabulous Creamy Greek Dressing (see link below for recipe)
- Make the Fabulous Creamy Greek Dressing, and refrigerate, a few hours before serving.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain, and set aside. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To serve, toss together all the ingredients. Salt to taste.
- Of course you can use any shape of pasta you like in this Super Salad. I like the shape and chewiness of the chiocciole pasta, but use what makes you happy.
- Even though this recipe calls for only half of a 16 oz pkg of pasta, I always cook the whole 16 oz pkg and use the leftovers for meals later in the week.
- If you're not going to finish this salad in one sitting, reserve some of the dressing for the next day and stir it into the salad before eating. It will freshen the flavors and taste "just-made" again.
Nutrition (per serving): 410 calories, 62% calories from carbohydrates, 14% calories from protein, 24% calories from fat, 12.5g fiber.