This recipe for Slow Cooker Tapioca with Blackberries eliminates the common step of soaking of the tapioca. Instead, all the ingredients are combined in a slow-cooker and left to their own devices for 2-3 hours. Feel free to add more or less agave nectar to suit your sweetness tastes.
- 1 Tbs - chia seeds
- 3 Tbs - water
- 1/2 cup - small pearl tapioca (we use Bob's Red Mill Small Pearl Tapioca)
- 3 cups - soy milk, plain and unsweetened
- 1/3 cup - agave nectar
- 1 cup - fresh blackberries
- Whisk together the chia seeds and water. Set aside for 5 minutes. The mixture will become thick as it sets.
- Add the tapioca, soy miilk, and agave nectar to the slow cooker. Whisk well to dissolve the agave nectar. Stir in the chia seed mixture and whisk again.
- Cover, and cook on Low for 2-3 hours.
- To serve, spoon the tapioca into individual serving dishes, layering blackberries in the middle, and topping with a few remaining black berries. Refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.
Nutrition (per serving): 248 calories, 73% calories from carbohydrates, 12% calories from protein, 15% calories from fat, 6.3g fiber.