Hot pasta is tossed with fresh tomatoes, basil, and garlic to make an easy and fragrant meal for a Summer day. With no sauce to cook, this meal goes together fast, too!
- 1 16 oz pkg - whole wheat penne pasta
- 4 large - tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup - chopped fresh basil
- 1 small - garlic clove, finely minced or pressed
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, combine the tomatoes, basil, and garlic in a large bowl.
- When the pasta is done, drain well, and toss immediately with the tomato mixture. Salt to taste.
Nutrition (per serving): 435 calories, 81% calories from carbohydrates, 12% calories from protein, 7% calories from fat, 14.3g fiber.