What’s the surprise in these Surprise Flatbread Sandwiches? It’s a mysterious savory-sweet flavor combination. Don’t tell anyone it comes from adding sweet dates to savory hummus. See if they can guess what makes these sandwiches so yummy. Oh, and note the fiber content on these babies. Remember to drink plenty of water with these!
- 8 medium - whole-grain lavash flatbreads (we use Sam's Bakery Millet & Flax Lavash)
- 1 cup - Rosemary Hummus (see link below for recipe)
- 1 cup - fresh spinach leaves, loosely packed
- 4 medium - tomatoes (such as Roma, heirloom, etc.), sliced
- 8 medium - medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- Make the Rosemary Hummus according to the recipe instructions.
- To assemble each sandwich, spread about 2 Tbs of Rosemary Hummus on a flatbread, top with 1 chopped date, a few tomato slices, and a few spinach leaves. Fold in half. Enjoy.
Nutrition (per serving): 532 calories, 85% calories from carbohydrates, 11% calories from protein, 4% calories from fat, 44.5g fiber.