A Super Salad should be chock full of your favorite greens, beans, veggies, grains, tubers, pasta, fruits, and maybe a few seeds or nuts. Don’t hold back. Make it a meal that you’ll look forward to.
- 3 medium - hearts of romaine
- 1 medium - red pepper, chopped
- 1 15 oz can - garbanzo or pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 16 oz pkg - whole-grain penne pasta, cooked, drained, and rinsed with cold water
- 1 medium - yellow tomato, chopped
- 1 cup - fresh blueberries
- 1 medium - cucumber, chopped
- 1 recipe - Orange Sesame dressing (separate recipe, see link below)
- Make the Orange Sesame Dressing. Set aside.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and toss with the Orange Sesame Dressing to coat.
Nutrition (per serving): 442 calories, 77% calories from carbohydrates, 13% calories from protein, 10% calories from fat, 16.6g fiber.