Do you love to sit down to a plateful of chilled macaroni salad on a warm summer day? I sure do. I created this recipe solely to satisfy my summer cravings for macaroni salad. This recipe makes a big batch – crowd size – so you can take some to a picnic and save some for yourself to enjoy throughout the week. It’s good to be you.
- 3 12 oz pkgs - soft silken tofu
- 1 12 oz pkg - firm silken tofu
- 3 Tbs - lemon juice
- 3 tsp - dijon mustard
- 1 Tbs - agave nectar
- 1/4 cup - white miso
- 1 tsp - salt
- 1 10 oz jar - pickle relish, dill flavor
- 1 10 oz pkg - matchstick-cut carrots
- 2 16 oz pkgs - whole wheat elbow macaroni
- In a food processor or blender, combine the tofu, lemon juice, mustard, agave, miso, and salt. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and spread the pasta in a large container, such as a roasting pan, to cool.
- When the pasta has cooled to room temperature, stir in the carrots, tofu sauce, and pickle relish.
- Refrigerate to chill for at least one hour before serving.
Nutrition (per serving): 153 calories, 68% calories from carbohydrates, 17% calories from protein, 15% calories from fat, 3.5g fiber.