When fresh peaches are in season, this is a heavenly taste of summer. We enjoy ours with a splash of soy or almond milk. This recipe doubles easily to feed a crowd, so take some to your next picnic. Make sure you get a taste before it’s all gone though!
Summer Peach Cobbler
- Peach Filling
- 6 medium - peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup - turbinado sugar, 1 Tbs reserved for topping
- Cobbler Topping
- 2/3 cup - soy milk, plain and unsweetened
- 1 tsp - apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup - white whole wheat flour
- 3 Tbs - brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 tsp - baking powder
- 1/2 tsp - baking soda
- 1/4 tsp - salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 °F.
- Add the peaches to a 9"x9" baking dish. Sprinkle with the turbinado sugar, stir to coat, and bake for 15-20 minutes, until the mixture is hot and bubbly.
- While the peaches are baking, begin making the Cobbler Topping by stirring the apple cider vinegar into the soy milk. Set aside. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. When the peach mixture is ready from the oven, pour the soy milk into the flour mixture, and whisk gently just until combined. Pour the cobbler topping over the hot fruit mixture and spread to cover most of the fruit. Sprinkle the reserved 1Tbs sugar on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until the topping is golden brown.
Nutrition (per serving): 215 calories, 86% calories from carbohydrates, 9% calories from protein, 5% calories from fat, 6.2g fiber.