A nice, cold salad on a hot summer day is such a treat. But it needs to be filling too, right? Well this one is! Whole grain noodles and shelled edamame (fresh soy beans) provide starchy satisfaction, and cole slaw on top adds a tasty crunch. Make it early in the day, or the day before, to allow the noodles to soak in the marinade and develop the full flavor.
- 1/2 cup - tamari soy sauce
- 1/4 cup - agave nectar
- 1 Tbs - natural, crunchy, peanut butter (we use Krema brand)
- 3/4 cup - water
- 2 Tbs - lime juice
- Salad Fixins
- 2 8 oz pkgs - whole grain udon noodles, or spaghetti noodles (we use Buckwheat udon noodles)
- 1 16 oz pkg - shelled edamame, fresh or frozen
- 1 large - tomato, chopped
- 3 cups - shredded cole slaw mix (cabbage)
- Cook the udon noodles according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Cook the edamame according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Whisk together the Marinade ingredients.
- Combine the noodles, edamame, tomato, and Marinade. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- To serve, drain the marinade from the noodles. Plate the mixture and top with the cole slaw mixture.
Nutrition (per serving): 406 calories, 67% calories from carbohydrates, 19% calories from protein, 14% calories from fat, 11.7g fiber.