My husband’s grandfather loved creamed corn. And creamed peas. I’m guessing it was all the cream and butter that was stirred into those helpless vegetables that got his attention. This recipe for Slow-Cooker Creamed Corn can also be made on the stove-top, but there’s something about the slow-cooker that brings out even more flavor in this dish. This is one of my dad’s favorite meals. He loves it with thick slices of fresh tomatoes on the side.
Slow-Cooker Creamed Corn
- 8 cups - corn kernels, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 4 - Ener-G-Eggs (see link below for separate recipe)
- 3 cups - soy milk, plain and unsweetened
- 1/2 cup - whole wheat flour
- Make the Ener-G-Eggs (be sure to quadruple the recipe given in the link). Combine with all the other ingredients in a slow-cooker. Cover, and cook on Low for 3-4 hours.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the mixture until about half of the corn is puréed. Salt to taste.
Nutrition (per serving): 492 calories, 68% calories from carbohydrates, 18% calories from protein, 15% calories from fat, 15g fiber.