Is your garden or your neighbor’s garden providing you with a steady supply of fresh zucchini? This great sandwich brings out the best flavors of that dependable vegetable by simple grilling.
- 3 medium - zucchini, sliced lengthwise into 1/4
- 1/2 recipe - Rosemary Hummus (see link below for recipe)
- 10 slices - whole grain bread, toasted
- On a large, non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat, brown both sides of the zucchini planks- about 5-10 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, make the Rosemary Hummus.
- Assemble each sandwich with 1/4 cup of the Rosemary Hummus and 3 or 4 grilled zucchini planks.
Nutrition (per serving): 278 calories, 68% calories from carbohydrates, 20% calories from protein, 13% calories from fat, 11.2g fiber.