You can make Barbecue Baked Bean Patties from only two ingredients? You bet! These burger patties are great for picnics, so pack up a bunch, with buns, lettuce, and garden-fresh tomatoes then head off to enjoy the Summer.
- 1 28 oz can - barbecue baked beans (we used Bush's Vegetarian Baked Beans in this photo)
- 2 1/2 cups - rolled oats (regular, not instant), uncooked
- In a food processor, process 1 cup of the rolled oats until almost like flour (about 30 seconds.)
- In a mixing bowl, mash the beans with a potato masher until mostly mashed, but with a few beans still intact. Stir in the processed oats and the 1 1/2 cups rolled oats until well mixed. Set aside for 10 minutes to allow the oats to absorb some of the liquid from the beans.
- Shape the mixture into patties and cook on a hot, non-stick griddle or skillet over medium-high heat for about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Serve with whole-grain sandwich buns or English muffins and your favorite toppings.
Nutrition (per serving): 258 calories, 68% calories from carbohydrates, 15% calories from protein, 17% calories from fat, 9.1g fiber.