Black beans and Mexican-style seasonings are a classic flavor combination. Try topping these burgers with lettuce, avocado, and salsa for a mouth-watering meal.
- 2 15 oz cans - black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup - rolled oats (regular, not instant), uncooked
- 1 medium - garlic clove, minced or pressed
- 1 Tbs - Mexican or Taco seasoning blend (we use Mrs Dash Fiesta Lime)
- 1 tsp - ground cumin seed
- 1/4 cup - lime juice
- 6 - whole-grain sandwich buns
- Preheat the oven to 425 °F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the beans to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse 8 times to coarsely chop the beans. Remove the beans to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the rolled oats to the bowl of a food processor, and process for 20 seconds, until the oats are a fine crumb.
- Add the oats and the remaining ingredients to the beans. Mix well, and salt to taste.
- Shape the mixture into patties and place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, flip, and bake another 5 minutes.
- To serve, place a patty on a sandwich bun and top with your favorite toppings.
Nutrition (per serving): 316 calories, 72% calories from carbohydrates, 20% calories from protein, 8% calories from fat, 13.4g fiber.