The first time we made these Tater Tacos, we had mango salsa on hand. It may seem like a strange pairing with potatoes and corn, but it was truly delicious. You might want to give it a try if you’re feeling adventurous.
- 1/2 5 lb bag - red potatoes, washed and chopped into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups - corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 1 bunch - cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 - limes
- 1 tsp - taco seasoning
- 10 medium - corn tortillas
- 2 cups - salsa
- 1 medium - avocado, skin and pit removed, sliced
- Steam or boil the potatoes until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- While potatoes are cooking, steam, boil, or microwave the corn until hot.
- Gently stir together the potatoes, corn, and cilantro. Slice one lime in half and squeeze the juice over the potato mixture. Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the mixture and gently toss to coat.
- To serve, top each tortilla with a scoop of the potato mixture, some salsa, a slice of avocado, and a squeeze of juice from the remaining lime.
Nutrition (per serving): 512 calories, 72% calories from carbohydrates, 13% calories from protein, 15% calories from fat, 10.7g fiber.