The crunchy part of this Quinoa Crunchy Salad is toasted garbanzo beans. They toast relatively quickly under the oven broiler, so they’ll be done by the time you chop the other ingredients and make the dressing.
- 1 15 oz can - garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium - heart of romaine lettuce, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium - red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cups - cooked quinoa
- Yummy Dresssing
- 1/4 cup - lime juice
- 1/4 cup - balsamic vinegar
- 6 medium - medjool dates, pitted
- 1 Tbs - Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbs - tamari soy sauce
- 2 Tbs - nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/8 tsp - garlic powder
- 2/3 cup - water
- Preheat the oven to broil. Pour the garbanzo beans in a pie pan and broil for 5 minutes. Shake the pan to turn the beans and broil for another 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the chopped romaine lettuce, red pepper, and quinoa.
- In a blender, combine all the Yummy Dressing ingredients and process until smooth, about 20-30 seconds depending on your blender. Salt to taste.
- Toss the salad and the dressing together to coat. To serve, plate the salad and top with a handful of the toasted garbanzo beans.
Nutrition (per serving): 470 calories, 76% calories from carbohydrates, 14% calories from protein, 10% calories from fat, 13.3g fiber.