MVP David Burke was kind enough to share his delicious curry recipe with us. This meal is pretty simple but loaded with flavor and spice. Give it a try – and most importantly, enjoy.
Dave’s a pretty easygoing guy that doesn’t like to use measurements when he cooks, instead opting for a little bit of this or a big spoonful of that. Feel free to use more or less depending on your tastes, or add new ingredients to make it your own.
David Burke's Curry Recipe
Prep Time : 30-40 minutes. Cook Time : 20 minutes
- 2 cans - coconut milk
- heaping spoonful - red curry paste
- - your favorite veggies (Dave uses green and yellow peppers, onions, mushrooms, and broccoli)
- 1 block - tofu (optional)
- 2 spoonfuls - Sriracha hot sauce (more or less depending on how spicy you like it)
- enough for four people - steamed white rice
- Prepare steamed white rice recipe according to package directions and set aside.
- Sauté veggies in a pan over medium heat. I use coconut oil to sauté, however onions have great natural oil in them and you can forgo the oil.
- Pour coconut milk in saucepan. Add curry paste and Sriracha. Simmer over medium heat.
- When veggies are to your desired texture, pour them into the saucepan.
If using tofu, you can sauté to add some texture to it (again I sauté tofu a bit in coconut oil.)
- Add tofu to curry sauce and vegetables.
- Continue simmering for 15-20 minutes.
- To serve, spoon rice into a bowl and ladle the curry sauce over top.