Have you heard of a dish called “greens and beans”? This Green Bean and Macaroni Soup is greens and two kinds of beans – green beans and cannellini beans. And some macaroni pasta for good measure. It’s an easy dish to make. You don’t even need your knife and cutting board if you buy the already-sliced mushrooms. Sounds like a busy-night meal to us!
- 1 32 oz box - vegetable broth
- 1 cup - cooked butternut or acorn squash, puréed (optional)
- 1 8 oz pkg - mushrooms, sliced
- 2 14.5 oz cans - green beans, drained (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 1 15 oz can - cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup - fresh baby kale or arugula, loosely packed
- 2 cups - whole grain elbow pasta
- In a sauce pot over medium heat, stir together the vegetable broth and squash (if using). Add the sliced mushrooms, green beans, cannellini beans, and baby kale. Bring to a boil and stir in the pasta. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and continue cooking until pasta is tender, about 10 minutes. Salt to taste.
Nutrition (per serving): 300 calories, 78% calories from carbohydrates, 15% calories from protein, 7% calories from fat, 12.8g fiber.