Hodgson Mill, Inc. makes a whole-wheat muffin mix that creates wonderful muffins even without using the oil, butter, or eggs recommended on the box! Just add soy milk and a little cider vinegar, as per the recipe below, and you’ll have yourself a filling and tasty treat for breakfast or snack time. I wonder if Hodgson Mill knows about this?
Easy Whole-Wheat Raisin Muffins
- 1 7 oz pkg - Hodgson Mill Whole Wheat Muffin Mix
- 1 cup - soy milk, plain and unsweetened
- 1 tsp - apple cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup - raisins
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F. Line a muffin pan with 6 paper liners or use a non-stick muffin pan.
- Stir together the soy milk and vinegar. Set aside.
- Empty the contents of the muffin mix into a mixing bowl. Add the soy milk and stir just until combined. Add the raisins and stir again to incorporate.
- Divide the batter among 6 muffin cups. Bake for 20 minutes, until a sharp knife inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Place on a wire rack for 10 minutes before removing the muffins from the pan. Enjoy!
Nutrition (per serving): 201 calories, 80% calories from carbohydrates, 12% calories from protein, 8% calories from fat, 4.4g fiber.