You can whip together simple meals like this Easy Mexican Plate in almost no time. If you don’t have leftover rice in the refrigerator, you can buy packages of frozen rice from your grocery store that cook in the microwave in just minutes. Or, cooking rice from scratch only takes about 30 minutes with the Pasta Method. So no matter how you slice it, this is an easy meal. Add some shredded lettuce and you have yourself a “naked” burrito. If you can handle the extra calories, a slice or two of fresh avocado is a tasty topper too.
- 8 cups - cooked brown rice
- 1 15 oz can - pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 16 oz pkgs - frozen broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots
- 2 cups - your favorite salsa
- Cook the frozen vegetables according to the package directions.
- Warm the rice and beans in the microwave or on the stove in a pot over medium heat.
- To serve, plate the rice and top with the beans, vegetables, and salsa.
Nutrition (per serving): 502 calories, 84% calories from carbohydrates, 10% calories from protein, 6% calories from fat, 13.6g fiber.