- 1 medium - onion, chopped
- 1 medium - poblano chili pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 Tbs - dried oregano
- 8 cups - water
- 4 medium - zucchini, chopped
- 1 16 oz pkg - frozen mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, corn, and green beans)
- 1 16 oz pkg - whole-wheat fettuccini or spaghetti, broken in quarters
- In a soup pot over medium heat, sauté the onion, poblano pepper, and dried oregano until the vegetables are tender, about 3 minutes. Add a little water as needed to prevent sticking.
- Add the water, zucchini, mixed vegetables, and spaghetti noodles, cover, and cook for about 15 minutes, until the pasta is tender. Salt to taste.
Nutrition (per serving): 507 calories, 78% calories from carbohydrates, 15% calories from protein, 8% calories from fat, 19g fiber.