This Basic Stir Fry Sauce goes with all kinds of vegetables, so feel free to serve it with what’s in season. Add this sauce to the vegetables in your hot wok or skillet just a few minutes before serving – the sauce will thicken so that it clings to the vegetables.
- 2/3 cup - tamari soy sauce
- 1/3 cup - mirin (we used Kikkoman Aji-Mirin)
- 1/3 cup - water
- 1 Tbs - brown sugar (packed)
- 1 Tbs - corn starch
- 1 medium - garlic clove, minced or pressed
- 1/2 tsp - finely grated fresh ginger root
Stir together all the ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to use. Shake well before using.
Nutrition (per serving): 227 calories, 51% calories from carbohydrates, 24% calories from protein, <1% calories from fat, 25% calories from alcohol, <1g fiber.