“Luscious” is the word that describes Sweet Potato and Noodle Bisque. Or maybe “silky” or “satiny”. It turns out that sweet potatoes make a wonderful soup base to achieve a bisque-like quality. This recipe is one of the rare occasions when we peel the sweet potatoes, just to get that extra bit of bisque-like, satiny goodness. But if you make this without peeling, please leave a comment in the fields below and let us know how it turned out. Perhaps we will too.
Look for the Brown Rice Noodles in the asian section of your grocery store. Or you can buy them online. Thai Kitchen Brown Rice Noodles is one we’ve tried and liked.
- 2 medium - garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1 8 oz pkg - frozen chopped onions and peppers
- 2 lbs - sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups - water
- 1 1/2 cups - soy milk, plain and unsweetened
- 1/2 tsp - green curry paste (we used Thai Kitchen brand)
- 1/2 8 oz pkg - brown rice noodles (stir-fry noodles)
- In a large pot over medium heat, saute the garlic and the onion-pepper blend until tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the sweet potatoes and water. Cover and cook until the sweet potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Stir in the soy milk, curry paste, and noodles. Cook until the noodles are tender, about 5 minutes. Salt to taste.
Nutrition (per serving): 364 calories, 85% calories from carbohydrates, 10% calories from protein, 5% calories from fat, 11g fiber.