Don’t overlook those beautiful, yellow, heirloom tomatoes at your farmers market. We grow a variety called Kellogg’s Breakfast in our garden. It’s one of our all-time favorite tomatoes, and it adds spectacular color to this pasta dish.
- 1 16 oz pkg - whole-wheat elbow macaroni
- 3 large - yellow heirloom tomatoes, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 bunch - cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 15 oz can - black soy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tsp - garlic powder
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, toss together the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. When the pasta is done, drain it and stir it into the tomato mixture. Salt to taste.
Nutrition (per serving): 431 calories, 63% calories from carbohydrates, 19% calories from protein, 18% calories from fat, 16.7g fiber.