This garlic-caper sauce might make you feel like you’re dining in a fine Italian restaurant – but without the price tag! The garlic and capers provide amazing flavor, while the cannellini beans and pasta provide volume and satisfaction. Double yum!
- 1 16 oz package - whole-grain spaghetti
- 3 cloves - garlic, finely chopped
- 1 28 oz can - whole tomatoes, chopped
- 1 15 oz can - cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbs - capers, drained
- 1 Tbs - lemon juice
- 3 Tbs - chopped fresh parsley
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, dry sauté the garlic for a few seconds, then add the tomatoes, beans, capers, and lemon juice. Cook uncovered for about 15-20 minutes. Salt to taste.
- To serve: Swirl a serving of pasta in the garlic-caper sauce. Plate and top with extra sauce.
Nutrition (per serving): 480 calories, 77% calories from carbohydrates, 16% calories from protein, 7% calories from fat, 17.8g fiber.