What makes these Quick Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms so quick is the use of frozen rice and vegetables. Just pop a bag in the microwave – if you buy the steam-in-the-bag variety – and in a few minutes you have a hot and ready mix of brown rice (yes, they come in brown rice varieties) and chopped veggies. There’s no waiting 30-40 minutes for brown rice to cook on the stove, and no chopping of vegetables into these cute, tiny size found in these frozen mixes. In just a few, easy steps you’ll have these adorable, meal-sized, stuffed portobellos. Buy the largest portobello mushrooms you can find. They’ll hold more of the rice and veggie stuffing, and make an impressive display on your plate.
- 8 large - portobello mushroom caps
- 3 10 oz pkgs - frozen brown & wild rice with corn, carrots, and peas
- 2 cups - tomato sauce
- 1 Tbs - pizza or Italian seasoning mix
- Preheat the oven to 375 °F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Gently wipe the mushroom caps with a paper towel to remove any dirt. Place the caps, gills side up, on the prepared baking sheet.
- Cook the rice and veggie blend according to the package directions. Scoop 1/2 cup of the rice blend onto each mushroom cap.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the tomato sauce on top of the rice, and sprinkle with the pizza seasoning.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
Nutrition (per serving): 421 calories, 79% calories from carbohydrates, 14% calories from protein, 7% calories from fat, 12g fiber.