We think this Creamy Sweet Potato and Poblano Pepper Soup is an all around winner. It has a satiny broth, is slightly sweet, and is beautiful to look at with contrasting colors of yellow, orange, and green. It’s a really flavorful soup with sweet potatoes, corn, poblano chili pepper, fresh cilantro, and warm spices. It’s also filling. This is a soup you might want to eat every day in cold weather.
- 1 medium - yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves - garlic, minced
- 1 medium - poblano chili pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 cups - corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 2 medium - sweet potatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 cups - almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 tsp - sweet curry powder
- 1 tsp - dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp - ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp - ground tumeric
- 1/2 cup - cilantro, chopped
- Sauté the onion, garlic, and poblano pepper in a sauce pan over medium heat until the onions are translucent. Add a little water or vegetable broth as needed to prevent sticking.
- Stir in the corn, sweet potatoes, almond milk, and spices. Cover, and cook for 30-35 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the cilantro. Reduce the heat to low and cook uncovered another 2-3 minutes. Salt to taste.
Nutrition (per serving): 195 calories, 71% calories from carbohydrates, 12% calories from protein, 17% calories from fat, 6.6g fiber.