These Portobello Burgers are so delicious, and as simple as can be! Get the biggest mushrooms you can find, because they’ll shrink during cooking, and if you’re like us, you’ll want a big portobello-to-bun ratio. You can always add toppings like tomato, lettuce, and avocado. Just note that we did not include the calories from avocado in the nutrition labeling below.
- 4 large - portobellow mushroom caps
- 2 Tbs - tamari soy sauce
- 4 - whole-grain burger buns or english muffins
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms. Place the mushrooms gills-side down on the baking sheet. Brush the top of the mushrooms with half of the tamari sauce.
- Bake the mushrooms for 15 minutes, flip, and brush the remaining tamari sauce on the gills. Bake another 5 minutes, until tender. Serve on the buns, topped with any of your favorite toppings. We love them just as they are to enjoy all that wonderful mushroom flavor.
Nutrition (per serving): 206 calories, 71% calories from carbohydrates, 21% calories from protein, 8% calories from fat, 7.9g fiber.