These are a fun side dish to serve with veggie burgers, or even just to enjoy as an afternoon snack. They are crunchy on the outside, and creamy on the inside. You may find that you like them just as they are, or dipped in barbecue sauce. I’ve even seen someone enjoy them topped with homemade apple sauce. He said it reminded him of homemade apple pie with cheddar cheese. The nutritional yeast on the outside of these Polenta Oven Fries gives them a cheesy flavor. These are so easy to make when you start with ready-made polenta. Our local grocery store keeps it in the pasta aisle.
- 2 18 oz pkgs - ready-made refrigerated polenta
- 1/2 cup - nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tsp - Italian seasoning (we use Mrs Dash Italian Seasoning)
- 1 tsp - salt
- Preheat the oven to 450 °F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the nutritional yeast, oregano, and salt together in a shallow bowl. Set aside.
- Cut the ready-made polenta into 1/2"-thick rounds. Dip each round into the nutritional yeast mixture, coating both sides. Place each round on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flip, and bake another 20 minutes, or until crunchy on the outside.
Nutrition (per serving): 198 calories, 83% calories from carbohydrates, 16% calories from protein, 1% calories from fat, 4.1g fiber.