You may at first think that the flavor combination of pear and smoky eggplant is an odd one. But just dip a slice of a sweet, juicy pear into the Smoky Roasted Eggplant Dip, and your taste buds will thank you. Before you eat it all, serve it up on some toasted whole grain bread for a wondrous lunch. I’m always on the lookout for great sandwich ideas, and this one is a keeper.
- 1 recipe - Smoky Roasted Eggplant Dip (see link below for recipe)
- 8 sliced - whole grain bread, toasted
- 4 medium - pears, unpeeled
- Make the Smoky Roasted Eggplant Dip. Set aside.
- Toast the bread slices.
- Meanwhile, slice the pears from stem end to bottom, about 1/4" thick. Remove any core from the slices.
- To assemble the sandwiches, spread some of the Smoky Roasted Eggplant Dip on a slice of toasted bread. Place a few slices of the pear on top of the spread, and top with the other slice of toast.
Nutrition (per serving): 362 calories, 72% calories from carbohydrates, 12% calories from protein, 16% calories from fat, 17.4g fiber.