Minute-Strone Soup is a quick version of a classic Italian soup. This is a great recipe to print out and have close by throughout the year. It’s so convenient, delicious, and incredibly healthy. Why it’s chock full of vegetables, beans, and whole-grain pasta. You could serve it with a hearty, whole-grain bread or crackers to dip into the broth. We think you’re going to like this one a lot. It’s frequently served at the Garden Dish offices.
- 1 28 oz can - plum tomatoes
- 1 14.5 oz can - green beans
- 1 15 oz can - cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can - black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups - vegetable broth
- 1 cup - fresh arugula, loosely packed, torn into pieces
- 3/4 cup - whole-grain bowtie pasta, uncooked
- 1 Tbs - dried oregano
- 1 1/2 Tbs - dried bell pepper flakes
- In a large sauce pot over medium heat, mash the tomatoes. You can use a potato masher for this, but if you don't have one, you can squish them with your hands.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook until the pasta is tender, about 10-15 minutes.
Nutrition (per serving): 279 calories, 75% calories from carbohydrates, 19% calories from protein, 6% calories from fat, 13g fiber.