Sure, these Hawaiian Dinner Rolls look innocent enough. But they’re hiding a delicious secret – sweet pineapple! Just open the oven door to a pan of warm rolls and let that sweet scent of pineapple transport you to the tropical shores of Hawaii. Aloha!
- 1 1/2 cups - pure pineapple juice, warmed to 110 °F - 120 °F
- 4 cups - white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp - salt
- 3 Tbs - brown sugar (packed)
- 1 Tbs - instant (rapid rise) yeast
- Pour the warm pineapple juice into the bowl of a stand mixer. Add the remaining ingredients in the order given. Attach the flat paddle to the mixer, and with the mixer on low speed, mix until until all the juice is absorbed and there is no flour left on the bottom of the bowl. Remove the flat paddle, attach the dough hook to the mixer and knead on low speed, or the speed that your mixer instructions recommend, for 6-8 minutes.
- Shape the dough into 12 rolls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet or muffin tins. Cover lightly with a clean kitchen towel and set aside to rise until double in size.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 325 °F. When the rolls are double in size, bake for 30 minutes until light golden brown.
Nutrition (per serving): 165 calories, 81% calories from carbohydrates, 15% calories from protein, 4% calories from fat, 4.6g fiber.