As our garden produces delicious food throughout the summer, we’ll often cook the items very simply and serve them as our meal – that’s our Garden Platter. It’s a summer tradition that showcases the beautiful flavors of each treat from the garden. Have as much as you want of any of these garden delights. The amounts shown here are used just to give you some idea of the nutrition in this amount of food.
- 8 - ears of corn-on-the-cob, husks and silk removed
- 2 lbs - fresh green beans, rinsed and ends trimmed
- 4 medium - fresh tomatoes, sliced
- Cook the green beans in boiling water until the desired tenderness is achieved. For us, that's about 20 minutes.
- Cook the corn, 4 ears at a time, in a microwave-safe dish covered with plastic wrap. Cook on High until desired tenderness is achieved, about 3-5 minutes.
- To serve, plate the corn-on-the-cob, green beans, and sliced fresh tomatoes. Serve with a salt shaker for those who like to salt their corn, beans, or tomatoes.
Try your sweet corn plain and pure, the way nature intended. It's golden summery flavor shines through without salt or "butter." We've been enjoying it that way for years.
Nutrition (per serving): 178 calories, 89% calories from carbohydrates, 10% calories from protein, 1% calories from fat, 9.3g fiber.