This Blender Chocolate Pudding is one of my dad’s favorite desserts. And it’s so quick to make that you can whip up a batch whenever the mood strikes you, or whenever your dad asks for some! Sometimes, we’ve eaten it right from the blender, without waiting for it to chill and firm. It’s a chocolate lover’s wish granted.
You can see Tim’s reflection in the spoon. He was standing by, waiting for me to stop taking pictures and let him have some pudding already! Dad was already eating his. I couldn’t make dad wait for his favorite pudding – he’s 84 and very precious to us, so he gets fed first.
- 5 Tbs - cocoa powder
- 5 Tbs - water
- 2 12 oz pkgs - silken firm tofu
- 1/2 tsp - vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup - turbinado sugar
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder and water until smooth. Cook in the microwave for about 1 minute. Cooking helps remove that "raw cocoa" flavor of cocoa powder, but you can skip this cooking step if you prefer.
- Pour the chocolate into a blender, along with the rest of the ingredients, and process on high speed until smooth.
- Pour into 4 individual serving dishes. Chill for at least two hours or overnight (if dad can wait that long).
Layer in some chopped banana, walnuts, fresh raspberries, or whatever floats your boat, and turn this pudding into a parfait. Fit for company!
Nutrition (per serving): 218 calories, 54% calories from carbohydrates, 23% calories from protein, 23% calories from fat, 2.4g fiber.