This Creamy Potato and Vegetable Soup is so creamy, it bests any creamy broccoli, creamy cauliflower, or creamy anything soup at our favorite restaurants. But this recipe is so much better because it doesn’t use the oil, butter, or milk that restaurants use. This soup is also really filling. I think you’ll consider this comfort food. A few whole-grain crackers on top would be a nice touch.
Creamy Potato and Vegetable Soup
- 3 lbs - potatoes, such as Yukon Gold, chopped
- 6 cups - soy milk, plain and unsweetened
- 2 cups - water
- 2 16 oz pkgs - frozen broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots
- 1 Tbs - nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 tsp - lemon juice
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water until fork-tender, about 20 minutes. Drain.
- While the potatoes are cooking, cook the frozen broccoli blend in the microwave until hot. Set aside.
- Add half the potatoes, half the soy milk, and half the water to a blender. Blend until smooth. You may need to use a tamper to push the potatoes down into the blades if the mixture is too thick. Pour the blended mixture into a large soup pot over medium heat. Repeat with the rest of potatoes, soy milk, and water. Depending on the size of your blender, you may need to do this in three batches instead of two.
- Stir the nutritional yeast, lemon juice, and vegetables into the soup. Continue to cook over medium heat, stirring frequently to prevent sticking, until hot, about 5-10 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition (per serving): 190 calories, 64% calories from carbohydrates, 20% calories from protein, 17% calories from fat, 8.1g fiber.