Every mouthful of this Oh So Creamy Mushroom Soup is loaded with rich, mushroom flavor and lots of mushroom pieces – lots and lots of mushroom pieces. And did I mention how creamy it is? There is no canned mushroom soup that compares in flavor or nutrition. One bowl of this fills me and keeps me full all afternoon. But hubby Tim likes a few more calories with his serving. So he adds toasted, whole-grain bread cubes as a topper. That’s more calories, more fiber, and an added crunch. For a quick lunch, try pouring leftovers over a baked potato, and serve with a side of a colorful veg (my favorite – green beans)!
- 3 8 oz pkgs - mushrooms, cleaned and diced
- 2 Tbs - diced onion
- 1/2 cup - whole wheat flour
- 5 cups - soy milk, plain and unsweetened
- In a large, non-stick skillet over medium heat, dry sauté the mushrooms and onions until the mushrooms are soft, about 15 minutes.
- Add the flour and stir to mix well. Stir in the soy milk and stir well. Cook another 15 minutes to let the mushroom flavor blend into the soy milk. Salt to taste.
Nutrition (per serving): 207 calories, 43% calories from carbohydrates, 31% calories from protein, 26% calories from fat, 8.6g fiber.