These Baked Teriyaki Tofu sandwiches are great for travel. Pack along some lettuce, sliced tomatoes, and sliced cucumbers on the side, then top your sandwiches when you’re ready to eat. With some fresh fruit and a bottle of water you’ll have a healthier meal than you’ll find at most any roadside or airport eatery.
Baked Teriyaki Tofu Sandwiches
Yield : 4 sandwiches
- 1 14 oz pkg - super firm water-packed tofu, patted dry (we used Nasoya brand)
- 1/3 cup - agave nectar
- 1/3 cup - tamari soy sauce
- 4 - whole grain sandwich buns (we used Food For Life brand)
- To create a teriyaki marinade, stir together the agave nectar and tamari sauce. Set aside.
- Slice the tofu into 8 pieces. Lay them in a single layer in a baking dish and pour the marinade on top. Make sure all the tofu slices are covered in marinade. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Remove the tofu from the marinade and bake on a parchment-lined baking sheet for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve on the sandwich buns or whole-grain bread with all your favorite toppings.
Nutrition (per serving): 354 calories, 61% calories from carbohydrates, 23% calories from protein, 16% calories from fat, 7.2g fiber.