Amazing Peanut Vegetable Stir-Fry uses a frozen blend of broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, red peppers, and mushrooms so you can eliminate a lot of chopping. Of course, if chopping vegetables is good therapy for you, feel free to buy fresh produce and get out your favorite knife and cutting board. It’s important to know, in our plant-based lifestyles, that most vegetables are just as nutritious when you buy them frozen as fresh. So don’t shy away from the freezer section in your grocery store. You can find organic varieties as well, if that’s what you’re looking for. And frozen produce won’t go bad before you use them up, unless you’re keeping them for a year or more. Then you might want to add them to your compost pile. And that’s not a waste either!
According to a report from ABC News, frozen fruits and vegetables have the following attributes:
- they’re picked and frozen at the peak of ripeness,
- they’re as nutritious, and sometimes more so, as fresh,
- they’re usually free of additives (but we say always check),
- they’re already prepped for you with even more varieties now available chopped and ready for your recipes.
The Peanut Sauce in Amazing Peanut Vegetable Stir-Fry keeps well in the freezer. So even though this recipe only uses a portion of the full recipe, we like to make the whole batch and freeze the rest for future use.
Amazing Peanut Vegetable Stir-Fry
- Stir-Fry Vegetables
- 1 8 oz pkg - mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 medium - red bell pepper, cut into bite-size strips
- 2 16 oz pkgs - frozen broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots
- 8 cups - cooked brown Jasmine rice, or your favorite brown rice
- 1/4 recipe - Amazing Peanut Sauce (see separate recipe)
- Make the Amazing Peanut Sauce according to the recipe.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the stir-fry vegetables, covered, until tender, about 10 minutes. Warm the rice in the microwave.
- To serve, drizzle some of the sauce over the veggies and serve alongside the rice.
Nutrition (per serving): 542 calories, 75% calories from carbohydrates, 12% calories from protein, 14% calories from fat, 12g fiber.