If you like mushrooms, we think you’ll love Amazing Mushroom Pasta. What’s so amazing? Lots and lots of delicious mushrooms, that’s what. This recipe uses not just one box of oh-so-good-for-you mushrooms, not just 2 boxes, not even 3 boxes, but this dish packs in 4 boxes of delicious mushrooms! It’s mushroom heaven. In the picture here, the mushrooms where sliced. But of course, you can cut them anyway you like. Do you prefer halved, quartered, or a small dice? Use whichever style you like. And try different varieties of mushrooms too, for varied flavor and texture.
- 4 8 oz pkgs - mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1/2 tsp - garlic powder
- 1 28 oz can - chopped tomatoes
- 1/3 cup - red wine
- 2 tsp - dried oregano
- 1 16 oz pkg - whole-grain penne pasta
- Sprinkle the mushrooms with garlic powder and cook in a covered, large, sauce pot over medium heat for 3-4 minutes. As the mushrooms cook they will release juices into the pan which will be incorporated into the sauce in the next step.
- Add the tomatoes, wine, and oregano. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and cook another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender. Salt to taste.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook the pasta according to the package directions. To serve, drain and plate the pasta, and ladle the mushroom sauce on top.
Nutrition (per serving): 512 calories, 79% calories from carbohydrates, 14% calories from protein, 7% calories from fat, 17.4g fiber.